Back from Vacation :)

Well – I headed South to visit my honey, and celebrate his mom and dad’s 50th wedding anniversary – such a great family!  Enjoyed seeing friends, and having some much needed time with Scott – the time/distance away is not fun.  Anyway… when I got back, had to take care of random items, vet trip/certification of elevation documentation/last minute changes on plans.  Now I’m trying to get back into a schedule.

The tree removal is complete – yeah! And the finished product still needs some clean up, but is much improved.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Can’t believe that I did not get a picture of this immediately before the work was done near the Hobby House – all the stumps and sucker trees that were in this area made the area look really nasty!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Now, I know that some of you are saying, “Oh my gosh! Why did they get rid of all those trees???”  Well, most of the ones that were taken down (over 90%) were either dead or dying; and, the other 10% were directly in the way of our new build.  So, they needed to go.

And we have a ton of wood to cut/split for firewood!

0707171138a

Now we are waiting on the final plans (added some items) and final bid from contractor – then off to the bank!  Waiting is the hardest part – so today’s plans are to start my part of the clean up.  Digging through all the rubble/trash in the out buildings in search of treasure – fingers crossed for some great finds and the energy to get it done!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s